Safety and Equipment Notes
In the interest of safety and convenience for the crew and the yacht, here are some important requirements and notes.
- If in the opinion of HAVEN CHARTERS, the weather is too threatening to allow Charterer safe passage, Charterer will be given a choice of alternative dates for his/her cruise. Inclement weather will NOT be sufficient reason for charter cancellation.
- NO night sailing, NO racing, formal or informal.
- NO pets allowed on yacht.
- NO black-soled shoes permitted to be worn aboard yacht.
- NO SMOKING below, only up in the cockpit or on deck.
- NO fueled appliances permitted aboard, except those installed on the yacht; i.e. do NOT bring butane grills, etc.
- NO use of grills on boats allowed while boats are in Marina
- Yachts are equipped with Adult size PFDs (life jackets). Charterer should make provision for appropriately sized life jackets for children.
- Charterer is warned that there are many people who make their living harvesting crabs, fish, etc. Their pots and lines can be a hazard to navigation; crew is cautioned to keep a sharp lookout at all times for these hazards.
- There will be a $75.00 charge if you fail to pump out the holding tank and/or refill the fuel tank when you return from the Charter.
- Remember that bottled water tastes better than boat water. Bring plenty of fluids for all ages.
- You are welcome to use all Marina facilities.
- Observe common sense pool rules. Pool closes when lights go out about 2300.
- No partying on docks - OK on boats or other areas. QUIET after 2300 please.
- Haven Charters does not supply: bed linens, pillows, blankets and/or towels.
All of the yachts are equipped with the following in addition to the equipment shown on the Spec/Amenity list, and the necessary and required safety gear:
Basic galley gear and cookware, table ware for 6, cleaning supplies, paper napkins and paper towels, dish towels, matches, plastic wrap, food storage bags, trash bags, toilet tissue, stove fuel, hot and cold pressure water/shower.
Nav. tools, charts, tide tables, cruising guide, charter manual, tools, flashlight, shore power cord, wind scoop, AM/FM with cassette or CD player.
Please feel free to bring any of your favorite kitchenware; the boats are equipped, but not as extensive as home.
Jacqueline B. Appleton
David J. Fife